This coming June 3rd, at the Philippine Independence Day parade in New York City, we’re calling on all freedom loving Filipinos and allies to show our outrage against the rising dictatorship in the Philippines. It is important to for us to turn out the biggest protest against the brutal Duterte regime and send a strong message that overseas Filipinos and the international community rejects his human rights violations, his anti-people policies, his corruption and his selling-out of Philippine sovereignty.
As Duterte further destroy democracy in the Philippines and consolidates his power, it leaves us with no choice but to take it to the parliament of the streets. There’s no better way to celebrate Philippine independence day than by standing up for human rights, justice and democracy in the Philippines. On June 3rd, we must show up! See you there!
Ang tao, ang bayan, ngayon ay lumalaban!
What: March for Human Rights and Democracy in the Philippines at the Philippine Independence Day Parade in NYC
When: Sunday, June 3, 10am – onwards
Where: Assembly point 38th St. (bet. Madison and Park)
The theme of the march and rally “March for Human Rights and Democracy in the Philippines”. We will use this action to unite various communities who are concerned about the following, but not limited to:
– The continuing War on Drugs that have claimed the lives of more than 20,000 people without due process
– The attacks on democracy and its institutions, including the attacks on judicial independence with the ouster of Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno, the attacks on the Commission on Human Rights, and others
– The attacks on human rights defenders and activists, with the labelling of over 600+ individuals as “terrorists”, including a UN Special Rapporteur, Ms. Vicky Tauli-Corpuz
– The sellout of Philippine sovereignty, with Duterte silent on both China’s occupation of our territories in the West Philippines Sea and the continuing Balikatan military exercises with the United States
– The continuing rampant corruption that continues to impoverish our people
– The dictatorial ambitions of Duterte, by changing the constitution with term extensions, extension and expansion of Martial Law in Mindanao or through a Revolutionary Government”
If you are interested in joining us and mobilizing your members to participate in the June 3rd March for Human Rights and Democracy in the Philippines, please sign up as an endorsing organization here:
After signing up we’ll follow up with you directly to discuss your organizations participation. In the meantime, here’s a Facebook event to join and share with your friends and networks:
Join our social media campaign and build visibility for the Malaya Movement and our upcoming march on June 3rd by signing up here:
If you have questions, ideas or need more information, please contact email@example.com
For background information on the Malaya Movement, including the history, principles and full list of demands, checkout: www.malayamovement.com
There is much for us to do together as we get ready in the next couple of weeks. If you or members of your organization would like to support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org